My Simbalay Experience



“The best simbalay ever!” Before this year ends, I’m glad to share that this simbalay festival was the best among what I have experienced before.

Lights are everywhere and the places were beautifully arranged, wherein all people can appreciate the beauty of each barrangay’s masterpiece. I appreciate how Nabunturan impro ved in such beauty with the magnificent nature and the kind-hearted people. Among the “kubo”, I love the Pangutusan’s hand-made house for it was build according to its abundant fruit which is the coconut.


On the other note, my fun was not yet over with that experience. One of my memorable experienced in the simbalay was to participate a game in the gymnasium while we are waiting for the guests in the basketball court. It was probably a virtue with no choice in being there at the center with a huge crowd looking at you. It was embarrassing for me at the same time fun, though I can’t stop laughing while playing but even though we we’re the first pair to lose yet we got our 500 pesos by congressman Gonzaga, the “pabuya” and I can say it was all worth it. Furthermore, I didn’t expect that time, when artists showed up and came with such aura, I was mesmerized by their looks and charisma.


Overall, it was a great experience that I got to appreciate what is ours in culture of Nabunturan people with the twist of this festival. I’m excited on the next simbalay festival and I’m looking forward for more fun and new experience. J

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog