18 THINGS I'VE LEARNED IN THE IMMERSION

Be Patient. To work is to be patient in every thing you do. In our Immersion days, we were bombarded with lots of paper works, and I was one of the students whom assigned in the BAC department. Indeed, it was a lot of work like how my brother told me. I should be patient in finishing my work with satisfaction in my task.

Be Humble. To work is to humble yourself in your superiors. In DPWH, they have different heads in each department, and no matter what command they want me to do, I must follow with humility and desire to obey.

Be Committed. To work is to commit yourself in the tasks and assignments. BAC department has a lot of works to do but limited in people to do the job, that's why they are very thankful to have us. Of course with that thanksgiving, it was expected that they would give me tasks and assignments. By doing that, I must commit myself to finish and do it successfully.

Be Open. To work is to open yourself in every criticism and comments they say. As a student employee, I must be open in learning new things from my supervisors. By teaching me in how things work in their fields.

Be Responsive. To work is to be responsive in every work that they would give me. No matter how hard or how easy the task will be, I must be responsive in taking the tasks well. I must respond to their commands and instructions, to be able to interact with other workers.

Be Sensitive. To work is to be sensitive in the feelings of other workers. I must be sensitive in knowing their feelings and emotions about their job, to be able to cope up with their natures. I must be sensitive to respect their beliefs and perspectives.

Be Jolly. To work is to turn sorrow into joy despite of the stress and over times. I must be jolly in the way that, the workers will see how bright my character is, that I could influence them in a joyful way. :)

Be Positive. To work is to think positively in finishing the work well. I learned to think positively in any work that they would give me. I bear in my mind that I can do this successfully and perfectly. 

Be an Encourager. To work is to encourage your co-workers into a great satisfaction. I must be an encourager to my co-workers that "we can do it" with teamwork and cooperation.

Be a Leader. To work is to be a leader with actions. I learned that I should have the initiative in doing the work in manner. In doing that, I must first demonstrate it and lead them to do it well.

Be Honest. To work is to know how to admit their mistakes and be open to any suggestions or criticism. If I did something wrong in the task that I was being given, I must approach my supervisor and admit the mistakes I had. So that, they will know and express their knowledge about it.

Be Resourceful. To work is to be resourceful in finding things that could be used in the task that is being given. Resourcefulness is having an alternative way to do the job independently.

Be Ready. To work is to be ready in any emergencies or problems. I learned to be ready in any adjustments of the schedules and assigned department for us, that I may know how to cope up and to address to the new up-comings.

Be Active. To work is to be active and be alive in doing the job. I learned not to slouch or yawn in front of my superiors, that they may know that I am serious and committed in the task.

Be an Overcomer. To work is to overcome all difficulties in life. Problems in work are inevitable, but I've learned to face it and find solutions for it that I may overcome it all.

Be Optimistic. To work is to be hopeful and confident in every work will do. I learned to be confident in my works that I could be proud and hope for excellence.

Be Mindful. To work is to know mindfully the schedules of your tasks and assignments. I learned to be always minded on the things that is in line for our next work.

Be Prayerful. To work is to know how to bring back all the Glory to the Lord. I must know how to thank God, for He gave us the strength to work, the wisdom to speak, the knowledge to think, and the healthy body to live.

At the end of the day, smiling faces were plastered in our faces, for we know we are on our first step to our future field. ;) 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog